Old wives' tales

A time like never before. No one ever thought that there will come a time when all will be forced to sit at home. For many this is the time of great confusion, grief, unemployment but for others who are expecting its the time of joy and immense pleasure as a child brings joy to our life

The nature somehow finds it's way to strike balance.

Lot of friends in my inner circle are expecting too and along with this comes the interesting discussion the old wives' tales. So I thought of sharing my experience with you all. Though I would like to clarify that this is far away from being scientifically true and there's no guarantee that you'll have a boy or a girl. As mother's love knows no bounds, girl or a boy the love of mother is above all that for her baby.

So on a lighter note lets begin..
Myth no.1: If you have too much nausea, you're carrying a girl. 
Reality: I had nausea the entire 9 months. I didn't just have morning sickness, it was sickness whole day. But I have a baby boy.

Myth no.2: It says if your husband puts on weight aswell during pregnancy then it's a girl.
Reality: My husband grew a belly, it was as if we're having competition. No offense here, I love him to the moon and back. But you see it was incorrect for me.

Myth no.3: If you develop pregnancy acne or blemishes. If you feel less beautiful. Its a girl
Reality: I had no acne or blemishes but I felt alot less beautiful despite my hubby telling me everyday how beautiful I am. 

Myth no. 4: Next comes the linea nigra, the dark line that passes through the centre of stomach which implies having a boy.
Reality: I had a very faint line passing all the way covering top to bottom. Now this was true for me.

Myth no. 5: If you’re carrying high it’s a girl, carrying low it’s a boy.
Reality: I was carrying low and had a boy.

Myth no.6: Well it's claimed that a faster heart rate (more than 140 ) is a girl, while slower heart rate (less than 140) is a boy.
Reality: In my case it was vice versa my baby always had heart rate above 150bpm. 

Myth no.7: Next in line comes the cravings, if you're craving sweet you have a girl but in case you are craving for salty or sour foods you have a boy. 
Reality: I was craving for everything. Nothing specific in my case.

The list can go on and on but its sure fun to play along. You can share with me if I have missed out anything in the comments below. Wish you all happy pregnancy. 

Comments

  1. Beautiful article Elsa!... And you know these myths on internet are just vice versa... Each n evry point u mentioned was true in my case too.... Lot of nausea always, no blemishes, felt less beautiful, a well defined linea nigera, low-wards tummy, I had all these 😄😄.. I think sab ulta likha e .. but good u took time to clarify it .. well done...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Yes, pregnancy is a beautiful yet mind boggling journey.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's know each other

Minimalist Baby Checklist